- Real time embedded design course - currently going through the Cornel ECE 4760 "Digital Systems Design Using Microcontrollers" course and porting the RasPi pico code over to STM32 for use in the project below.
- Learning STM32 HAL Driver development https://github.com/smaroukis/STM32-HAL-APIs-Driver-Development-
- STM32 function generator – function generator for square, sawtooth, and sine waves using HAL, LL, and bare-metal C, showcasing the fusion of hardware design, firmware development, and analog electronics design
- USB Cable Tester – Hardware prototyping and testing, PCB design and manufacturing, STM32 programming: A cable tester for various USB connections which also gives indication of the presence of internal resistors as required by the USB standard – featured on Hackaday.com
- GPS module accuracy comparison – using UART, I2C, RaspberryPi, python, concurrent processing, antenna selection, with data analysis in numpy & pandas
- Real time plotting of wireless sensor data – using MQTT, python & RaspberryPi, Arduino C & ESP32
- Electrical schematics for solar and battery systems – electrical schematics in AutoCAD Electrical, 12V distribution panel diagram, electric heater control wiring, Lithium Iron Phosphate battery sizing
- DIY Off-grid camper van conversion – electrical system design and installation (solar system design and battery selection), plumbing, woodworking, welding
- Obsidian Markdown to Jekyll converter – markdown parser to convert Obsidian markdown syntax to be used for a jekyll website
- Home automation server with ESP32 and RaspberryPi – guided tutorial/repo for setting up ESP32 to publish MQTT messsages to a home server running on a RaspberryPi
- Shared Learning Arduino repo – a github-hosted repository of markdown notes useful for learning Arduino (distributed cognition project)
- Temporary Primary Generation Microgrids – at Pacific Gas & Electric I performed the design and engineering analysis of connecting diesel generators to supply power for multiple distribution feeders during transmission line maintenance.